Thursday, August 30, 2012

Can't a Young Man Get Money Degreed Anymore?

Not the political type, but I always get on edge when people say negative things about Obama, because I wonder where the disatisfaction is stemming from. Do you really think he could have a more proactive stance on energy and jobs, or is your issue coming from a darker place? Not to throw up the "race card," but let's call a spade a spade (no pun intented).

Anyhoo, this woman that I think is nice and intelligent (or so I thought), kind of disapponted me. I'm at work in my cubicle, and this coworker, let's call her B., takes a personal call, on her cell on the floor, and is just going off on this dude. She was one of those people who was romanced by claims of change, had signs on her lawn and everything, but now she feels he is a charlatan. Again, I'm not political so I can't get upset if someone doesn't like his presidency, but she started talking about how she doesn't think he went to Harvard. According to B. it's suspect how he refuses to reveal his academic records, and that his grades weren't that great in high school, so how did he get into Harvard LAW SCHOOL? He must have been a foreign student. Um,ok. I didn't realize you could use SAT for admission into law school. It's that affirmative action at work again!

My plan was to roll my eyes, and tune her out, which I did. Then when I got home, I went to youtube looking for music because I heard this great song on the radio. And somehow I come across racist people airing their grievances against people of color on youtube.From Arizona to the UK, people are angry about immigration, immigrants stealing their jobs,and lustfully eyeing their women. *sighs*

If we have to be honest with ourselves, and without pointing fingers, I would like some answers to some questions: how was the economy of America built? What group of people have historically have gone to other countries, and exploited the indigenous peoples and resources . . . over and over. If people of color are not equal, then I guess you shouldn't worry so much about job security, right?

The whole thing makes me want to become so well-versed in politics, that I will be able to psychically sense when someone is going to open their lips to say something ridiculously stupid, and just "shhhhh" them before they verbally vomit on me.

Love this song:

No comments:

Post a Comment