Thursday, August 23, 2012

"Houston, we have a problem!"

This diet "lifestyle change" of mine has yet to take flight. I need some of that self-discipline I had in the UK. In two months, I lost 15 pounds; however my roommates where thin and gorgeous, I was responsible for making my own meals, my mom packed a 3 month supply of instant oatmeal and granola bars, and I was pretty diligent about going to the gym. I'm thinking about creating a vision board to motivate me, and just find pictures of amazing, beautiful, healthy women that I can look up to as I make this difficult journey.

I found these stock photos of this model, and while I don't want to be that thin, she's fit, beautiful, and chocolate . . . a good starting point for my vision board. I don't want to look like anyone else, I just want to be the best version of me. If I have to 100% honest with myself, I'm not happy with where I am, and I think my health has a lot to do with that. When I get off of work, I don't have energy for anything, and most times I just come home and watch tv or go to sleep. I want to be active and healthy. And I have some superficial reasons as well. I love shopping, I love to look nice, but I'm not 100% confident because my weight is not where I need it to be be. At this point, I have to embrace that this will not be an easy process, that some days I won't feel like going to the gym, or eating right. When I feel like going back on my goals, I need to remember the benefits of this lifestyle change: Not only will I look better, I'll feel better too.

No comments:

Post a Comment