Monday, July 7, 2014

Motivation Monday

I don't know what it is, but I feel amazing today! My weekend was wonderful with no incident, and maybe I underestimated how much some downtime can improve my mood and outlook on life. I was feeling kind of down about a couple things, but then last night I started thinking about my life, and I am going to be grateful for the things I do have.

I may not be where I want to be weight-wise, but I'm healthy. No diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol - nothing. I was able to jump out of bed, and use my limbs. I'm not working right now, but I'm blessed to have someone that is understanding and is giving me time to pursue my career. Not to go on and on, but I have some pretty good things going, and I refuse to let a temporary setback influence my outlook on life.

Another thing that I am going to let go is holding on to the past. You get so wrapped in thinking about how things should have been, or how someone hurt you, that you don't focus on the present. I'm done worrying about the past, and people who have hurt me. I still have time to pursue my dreams, and I have people in my life that genuinely care about me. and want to see me do well. So from now on, that is what I am putting my energy into.

No comments:

Post a Comment